Dave Quirk grew up in Klamath Falls, OR, the oldest of seven children. His father routinely blasted LP’s of the Eagles and The Four Seasons while singing at the top of his lungs, his grandfather made his own violins, and Dave often inherited his uncle’s well-used drum kits; all at a young age. He taught himself to play a guitar passed down to him, and his love of music was born.
After high school, Dave joined the Navy and served for 23 years, travelling the world, learning many great lessons, including the importance of perseverance. The first guitar he bought was from a shipmate whose mother needed money for bail. He played rhythm guitar in a few bands, and they even headlined a military summer festival in Italy when the opener (Sha Na Na) had to cancel. His final assignment was supporting a Navy SEAL Team, where he realized that anyone can raise the bar for their own expectations. Once he retired from the service, he committed himself to pursing the dream that had begun years ago and started writing songs.
- Received several cuts by Indie artists
- Recognized by NSAI for the Publisher Luncheon and Ones to Watch list many times
- Creative Assistant for pro writer Brent Baxter, identifying pitch opportunities in his catalog
- GSC Volunteer Representative for state of Oregon
- Songs taken regularly at GSC Pitch Online to Publisher (POP) events
- Completed Songwriting Master Certificate at Berklee College (online)
- Industry memberships: ASCAP, GSC, NSAI, & SongTown